Saturday, May 28, 2016

Smore and Powtoon

I am not sure what to say about either of these. I tried to use both of them and found them to be a little difficult. Now, I am not the most tech savvy person, but I usually can figure things out when given enough time. I suppose that has been the problem, never enough time!
Let's begin with Powtoon. I have watch tutorials and love the presentations/movies one can create using Powtoon. I think you need to buy the full version to get the most out of it. Here is a tutorial that was created to show how to make a presentation. It is really cool, but again, how much time do you have to make a presentation? It would not be ideal to make all of your lessons with this presentation, in my opinion. It would be great for special introductions to a lesson unit. I think I would use it in my classroom for my presentation for Open House. There are some really fun animations that you can customize to fit your project. I would also use Powtoon for students to make their own presentations or movie. They could document their own learning. This would be something that could engage students that do not typically like giving oral presentations. It would give them an alternative to themselves standing up talking. They can talk through the avatar. There is a lot of options for students to be creative.


Smore is another presentation program. I made a flyer on smore.com that discussed iPads in the classroom. I was able to personalize my flyer by choosing a background, fonts, and colors. I would use this in my classroom for students to present a research project. It is good for adding a lot of text and videos. Students have several options of how they can share their work. I think that students could really get creative with presenting their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment